Tuesday, April 3, 2012

"Come on," He said, and slipped into the water. Cynthia lowered herself off the rock. The air itself seemed to glow iredescent, shimmering, like the the northern lights. The train blared a warning and roared over their heads, the sound pulsing through him as physical thing. He opened his mouth and yelled, and couldn't hear of feel his own voice. He put his hand on Cynthia's shoulder to steady himself. Vibratiions jolted through his palm. The light vanished, and he could hear the clank and rattle of the coupling on the long freight train, invisible on the track carved out of the rock above them."

Love And Country
Christina Adam
------------------------------

"Ello, girls," she screeched.

I thing I speak for all when I say her appearance came as shock. I mean, Miss Bidsmore's no runaway model at the best of times, but that evening she was crumpled over her stick even farther than usual. More freakish than that, she was wearing a massive pair of fluffy dog slippers with big de rigueur for house splinters, so it was really the tatty old dressing gown over the floral flannel nightie that cracked me up.

'Are you alright, Miss Bibsmore? I asked, slightly concerned by her appearance.

"Don't worry about me luvvie. I'm just feeling a bit orf---it's menopause. MY womb hurts something and my back's playing up. It's a cruel god that cursed my with these 'ormones, deary, I'll tell you that for free,' she said.

Dumping Princes
Tyne O'Connell
------------------------------

Passage Amos 3:5-7:

5Can a bird fall in a snare upon the earth, where no gin is for him? shall one take up a snare from the earth, and have taken nothing at all?

6Shall a trumpet be blown in the city, and the people not be afraid? shall there be evil in a city, and the LORD hath not done it?

7Surely the Lord GOD will do nothing, but he revealeth his secret unto his servants the prophets.

Old Testament
----------------------------
BSOM\thbg
http://www.christianblog.com/tohimbeglory//

You shall not put the Lord your God to the test...

Bible
thbg\BSOM

No comments:

Post a Comment